Tuesday, April 24, 2012

spinach stuff

I don't know why I buy the bagged fresh spinach.  I like it instead of lettuce in salads but for cooking reasons I should probably buy frozen or canned.  The bag they put this stuff in is ridiculous.  It is so thin, crackly and loud.  It rips so easily too.  That is why I made spinach stuff tonight.  The bag had ripped and so the spinach needed to be cooked asap before it got all weird. 


I usually just make regular Popeye spinach with some old school pepper sauce.  But this was different and turned out pretty good.

I used:

1 10-ounce bag of fresh spinach leaf
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
fresh grated parmesan cheese
ricotta cheese
1 jar of mushrooms
some garlic powder


After getting the spinach out of the already ripped annoying spinach bag, I put it all on a plate.  Which was way too small for all of it but whatever, it worked. :P


 Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet and tear the spinach leaf up in bunches


add the mushrooms, make sure you drain all the nasty mushroom juice off of them first though.


some garlic powder..

now, let the spinach and mushrooms cook down...







this looks about right to me.


add 2-3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese.  


stir..


its going to look a little weird


add the fresh Parmesan cheese to the top


stir the cheese into the spinach mixture


be careful not to burn the cheese up.


<3

1 comment:

  1. Now if only I loved cooked spinach and mushrooms :D <3
    It looks good though babe!

    ReplyDelete