Wednesday, October 9, 2013

im back.

It is said that the days drag on but the years fly by.. how true that is.

It has been over a year since I last posted a blog here.. I started this blog one boring day mainly to have a cooking blog that was fun.  And it was a lot of fun deciding what I'd cook next, taking pictures, editing.. etc.  I love photography and writing.  My dad enjoyed it too and even some of my friends have asked why I stopped.

Well, sadly I lost my dad to a horrible fight with cancer on July 30, 2012.  We never really talked to our family and friends about it.. or each other.  We just fought it together until the end.  We told some people mostly just close family but my dad was a private person and didn't want to be "the guy with cancer," he just wanted to be Russ.

That was a mistake.  We should have reached out and told our friends and family.  God knows I could have used the support but at the time I didn't feel that way.  I just wanted to isolate and help my dad live as best as he could.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

Maybe I'll talk more about his battle later, maybe I won't.  Losing him was the absolute hardest thing I have ever endured.  I still can't even play SongPop on Facebook to this day because he isn't there to play it too.. I can't do a lot of things anymore but I am slowly getting better and I'd like to start my blog back again.

Since my last post in 2012 I have:

  • turned 29
  • moved back to my hometown 
  • spent my first holidays with my BFF & boyfriend Craig 
  • found out I was pregnant 
  • Craig began his new job 
  • moved into our first home together 
  • Craig and I got married! 
  • turned 30
  • gave birth to our first and probably only child, Violet.. who is now 6 weeks old <3







I am so thankful for all the good things in my life, it took a lot of hard times and bad times to get here. Having Violet was a wonderful/scary experience I will tell you all more about later.. I almost died but luckily I am alive and well and home with my family now.  Life is good.

<3

1 comment:

  1. I never knew you had a blog. I am glad to see you starting to do the things you love again. Russ would be too.

    ReplyDelete